Have you ever tried Rock Painting?
I haven’t yet, but I sure would like to try! I’ve always had a draw to wanting to learn to paint and what better way than on a rock! So I did some research and here are a few basic steps you need to know!
- Find a round flat stone! Go hiking with friends or your kids! Don’t have any place local to hike? You can find nice flat rocks to paint in your local craft store!
- Clean your rocks first! Use an old toothbrush if needed!
- Allow your rock to thoroughly dry!
- Draw your design with pencil before painting! You can easily correct a mistake this way!
- Now you’re reading to start painting! Be patient and move from the biggest parts of the design to the smallest, letting each coat dry before moving on. You can use a hairdryer to dry the paint faster.
- You can next optionally seal it!
You can use marker paints, acrylic, water-based, or make sure to use patio or outdoor paint if you plan to have your rocks outside!
What’s my favorite hiking bag? The Sling Backpack!
Get yours here: